The event consisted of a full day of park clean up at Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah, located four hours outside of Las Vegas and the activity helped showcase BCB’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative to U.S. incentive and corporate meeting planners.
Giving back and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives are a top priority for BCB and its partners. Several partners have launched CSR initiatives of their own for meeting and incentive groups to give back to local communities in Barcelona (see below). Turisme de Barcelona, a consortium set up by Barcelona Municipal Council, has also developed adedicated to sustainability. The city is the first in the world to be awarded a Biosphere certification and is committed to sustainability, ranging from environmental to social issues, to mobility and sustainable accommodation.
Participating BCB partners included: A+ Solutions, another konzept, In Destination Mangement, Kuoni Destination Management, Pacific World, She Spanish Heritage, Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I, Hilton Diagonal Mar, Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, Melia Barcelona Sarria & Sky Hotels, CCIB - Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona, Portaventura, Blai Limousines.
· : With a strict policy on recycling resources, the company does not use any printed promotional material since 2009. Supports the local businesses as well as the local organization Casal del Raval, a nongovernmental organization providing guidance and assistance to people in risk of social exclusion, and the Banc dels aliments de Barcelona (Barcelona Food Bank).
· : their social action takes the form of continued collaboration year after year with dozens of municipal organizations, associations and institutions including Caritas, Monjitas Misioneras Cruzadas de la Iglesia, Trinijove Foundation, Neus Puig Open Centre for Children and Families, IRES Foundation, AECC (Spanish Association Against Cancer), Agència Catalana de Turisme, Mulla’t Campaign of the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, Consorci d’Educació de Barcelona, Barcelona City Council.
· : Following the AccorHotels Planet 21 programme, Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I is committed to supporting the local community as well as adopting eco-friendly measures.
· : All the hotels of the group collaborate with Fundación IReS, a foundation that helps people at risk of social exclusion. This year, on the occasion of the centenary of the Majestic, the hotel will hold a charity dinner at the Fundació Miró to raise funds to restore the Miró tapestry.
· : Collaborates with Talita Foundation to support people with Down syndrome, AECC (Spanish Association Against Cancer), Banc dels aliments de Barcelona, Banc de Sang i Teixits, a worldwide reference in Immunology Diagnostic and development of advanced therapies, and many others. They also participate in litter sweep volunteer days throughout the year.
· : Offers unique second-chance tours of Barcelona’s gothic quarter led by formerly homeless tour guides. The guides are recruited from local homeless charities in Barcelona and specially trained by a local historian. On route, guides will point out the most significant treats of this quarter and will link the route with social elements and homeless insights.