More than one hundred Exhibition Organisers have confirmed their membership for ‘Council of Indian Exhibition Organisers’ (CIE) to step up with solutions to support the Exhibition Organizing Sector in India.
Organizers from varied backgrounds such as Industry Associations, Business Chambers, Trade Bodies, Trusts, Large Exhibition Organisers, Small and Medium Scale Organisers, and MSME organizers have got together to form this unique and dedicated ‘Organiser Centric’ Council.
The first eight-member ‘Steering Committee’ of the Council has been set up comprising Balvinder Singh Sawhney of FICCI, KailashMurarka of AIPMA, Manish Gandhi of ABEC, M. Q. Syed of EXHICON, Rajan Sharma of Interads, Rajesh Bhagat of Wordlex, Seema Srivastava of India ITME &Sukhjinder Singh of Infinity Expo.
The Council is to establish working partnerships with Governments, Federations, EPC’s, Other chambers to address common and critical issues to ensure a thriving exhibition Organising sector in India. The council will also work closely with venues & services to extend solutions and support to Exhibition Organizers.
There was a long pending need amongst exhibition organizers to form an only organizers forum where the concerns and issues of organizers could be addressed and represented which could further complement and supplement the work done by existing industry bodies.
A recent survey validated the need for an ‘Organisers Only’ a forum that could address strategic and tactical challenges faced by Exhibition and conference organizers. Since the organizer is at the epicenter of the exhibition industry, their issues and well-being impact the entire value chain comprising of venue owners and service providers.
This newly formed body of organizers aims to consolidate and strengthen the role of the exhibition industry in India.
The first press Meet and Open Forum of the Council of Indian Exhibition Organizers (CIEO) is scheduled to be held on 25th of June 2020.
Main objectives pursued by the Council:
· To bring together all the exhibition organizers and managers, whether the private or public organization, associations, councils, government agencies in India, on a common platform in order to find a working solution for the development of the exhibition organizing industry.
· To form a collective forum for discussion and negotiation with governments, venues, vendors, and contractors, provide a one-stop source of information pertaining to the exhibition industry.
· To represent the exhibition organizers in all matters, nationally and internationally in relation to Government, media, and the public.
· Represent to Government to provide a level playing field by making available all Government schemes and providing equal opportunity for organizing/managing government events to all organizers.
· To share best practices amongst the members, promote the exhibition industry as an effective marketing tool nationally and internationally, organize training programs, activities, workshops, seminars for the benefit of its members and industry at large.
· To carry out surveys and studies for providing statistics and information to the members and industry, formulate and implement standards, practices, code of ethics and audit guidelines for the overall development and the credibility of the trade shows.
· Protect and promote the common interest of its members and do all other things as may be considered by the Council to be incidental or conducive for the benefit of its members and industry at large.
For more news follow Mice Affairs on social media