By Mice Affairs Media Group Correspondent, India, 23 July 2020
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) has launched its VenueSafe Plan, ensuring the venue is ready when it is safe to reopen.
“We’ve been working hard to ensure we have the right health measures in place to give our customers, visitors and people the confidence they need when our doors reopen,” Peter King, Chief Executive, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre said.
“It’s safe to say that things may look a little different. However, we’re confident that with new measures in place as part of our VenueSafe Plan, customers can continue to enjoy Melbourne’s leading destination for big ideas and inspirational events, when it is safe to return to our venue.”
The MCEC VenueSafe Plan includes a range of public health, hygiene and physical distancing practices including:
Additional resources and support:
- MCEC’s safety and security team have been established as dedicated VenueSafe Advisors within the business, to work alongside employees, customers and contractors to ensure that MCEC and Victorian Government health measures are followed.
- A detailed MCEC VenueSafe Plan has been developed and is available to download from mcec.com.au/venuesafe.
- All employees will be trained on coronavirus (COVID-19) safety and sanitisation protocols.
Changes to venue access:
- When it is safe to reopen, MCEC will only be open to events and visitors in attendance - it will not be possible to use MCEC as a public thoroughfare to the surrounding precinct.
Introducing health check stations, increased cleaning and sanitisation:
- Entry screening points will be located at all MCEC entry and exit points, this includes hand sanitising and temperature checks prior to entry.
- Sanitisation stations containing at least 60 per cent alcohol have been distributed across MCEC at key entry points, customer service desks and other high traffic areas.
- Frequency of routine cleaning has increased across the venue and the sanitisation of high frequency touch point areas is a priority.
With the Victorian Government’s current coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions, MCEC made the difficult decision this month to extend our closure until midnight 31 August 2020.
For more detail on MCEC'S VenueSafe Plan visit mcec.com.au/venuesafe